Without proper care for contacts you could be risking a serious eye infection. At Yakima Vision Center, we train all new contact lens wearers on the correct way to clean and care for their lenses. Our Yakima eye doctor wants to remind all contact lens wearers on the important points of contact lens care.
Our Yakima Optometrist on How to Keep Contacts Safe and Clean
Proper lens care only takes a few minutes a day, but it will prevent many eye infections and much damage to your eyes. Among the most important parts of contact lens care are the following:
- Always wash and rinse your hands before touching or cleaning your lenses
- Clean a contact lens by placing it in a puddle of cleaning solution in your palm. Use the forefinger of the other hand to gently rub the lens against your hand, then rinse the lens in a stream of cleaning solution
- Empty your lens case every time you put contacts in your eyes. Rinse the case with saline solution and fill it up again with fresh solution. Never clean your case with tap water
- Allow your lens case to air dry after cleaning it. Never dry the interior of your case with a towel
- Change your case every 2-3 months. Even if you clean your case every day, you’ll still need to exchange it for a new one periodically
Contact Yakima Vision Center Today!
Proper contact lens care goes along with having the right prescription. If you are looking to schedule a contact lens exams in Yakima, WA, call Yakima Vision Center today at (509) 965-5200. We’ll be happy to make an appointment that fits in with your busy lifestyle.